First steps to exporting
Preparing the companies for export
In order for small and medium-sized enterprises to learn about the European and World markets, they need to focus on the general principles of export that companies need to use and, of course, develop their own export strategy tailored to small and medium-sized enterprises.
The first steps are:
- To assess whether the company is ready for export – what is the export potential,
- To build an export plan – an action plan,
- To explore and select the target market,
- To create a marketing plan for export,
- To determine the best methods for transporting the product or your services in the target market,
- To make a good financial plan,
- To understand well the main legal aspects of the international market,
- To prepare for financial management, payment and eventual risk,
- To prepare for possible protection of intellectual property.
Export promotion handbook for companies